Folio Bound Views is a Desktop Application which lets you browse and search the online code without being connected to the Internet. Following are the steps to install the application:
- Download the Folio .zip file from our Download Archive (you should have received an email with a direct link). Example link: https://www.municode.com/downloadarchive#/11518/217549. Click the Folio link to download the .zip file.
- Navigate to the downloaded file. Windows typically downloads files to your user profile download folder. Navigate there by opening Windows File Explorer (the manila folder icon) and clicking the Download link in the top-left.
- Unzip the file. If you're using Windows 7 or higher, simply right-click on the .zip file and select Extract All. If you're using Windows XP you'll need to download a 3rd party unzip utility. 7-zip is an open source (free) utility which can be found here: http://www.7-zip.org/download.html
- Accept the default path and check the box that says Show Extracted Files When Complete.
- Double click setup.exe once the files are extracted. If you are running Windows 8 you may be presented with a screen that says "Windows Protected your PC". If you receive that message click more info then click the Run Anyway button.
- If User Account Control pops up and asks if you want this program to make changes to your computer, click Yes.
- Select Next on the initial installer screen.
- Accept the license agreement and click Next.
- Enter your username and organization name (not required) and click Next.
- Select Single User - Local Install and click Next.
- Accept the default installation path and click Next.
- Click Install.
- On the final screen, uncheck the Show Readme File checkbox. You can leave the Launch box check, or uncheck and launch the Folio application at a later time.
You'll find a shortcut to the Folio application in two locations:
- Start Button -> All Programs -> Municipal Code Corporation.
- Your Desktop.